Click to change your country or region settings to view training options for your location
APM Practitioner Assessment Course
The APM Practitioner Qualification is for project managers, project coordinators and team leaders who have three to five years experience in managing non-complex projects. This is an intermediate qualification for project management practitioners who can demonstrate an ability to manage non-complex projects or run a key control function of a large-scale project. This qualification (IPMA Level C) is for any relatively experienced professional who is looking to demonstrate their ability.
Candidates will attend an Assessment Centre over a period of two days. During this time they will be assessed as follows:
- Individual work – Candidates will provide written answers to questions based upon the given case study and will also provide written answers to a question about current issues in project management.
- Group work (observed) – Candidates will carry out group exercises in order to discuss and solve problems relating to the case study.
- Interviews – All candidates will be interviewed on an individual basis.
APM Practitioner Course Duration
This is a two day residential assessment centre, leading to the APM Practitioner certification.
APM Practitioner Assessment Target Audience
The APM Practitioner qualification is for project managers, project coordinators and team leaders who have three to five years experience in managing non-complex projects. Designed for project managers wishing to have their capability as a project manager recognised by a formal qualification.
APM Practitioner Course Prerequisites
Delegates must have three to five years experience in responsible leadership functions of noncomplex projects. This may well be as a team leader of part of a larger project.
Delegates must also satisfy one of the following criteria for project management knowledge:
- Passed the APMP qualification or:
- Can demonstrate good familiarity with the APM BoK and have passed an equivalent qualification, such as PMP, BCS Certificate in Project Management, Open University Project Management Module M865 or have a good foundation knowledge of project management.
What is Assessed?
The Practitioner qualification assesses whether a candidate can apply, appropriately, those knowledge areas defined in the APM Body of Knowledge (BoK).
Candidates are assessed against over 30 criteria, which require the candidate to demonstrate that they can analyse, identify and understand issues and information, and manage a noncomplex project.
- 2 day behavioural assessment
- Scenario based
- ILX facilitator
- APM assessed
Booking an APM Practitioner Assessment
To reserve your place on this course, or to find out more about in-house courses, request a quote online or speak to an experienced training advisor on +44 1270 611 600.