• Improving your IT management
Many organisations wish to benchmark their IT Service Management systems in order to measure their capability against the ISO/IEC 20000. ISO/IEC 20000 is an international IT standard that allows companies to demonstrate excellence and prove Best Practice in IT management. The standard ensures companies can achieve evidence-based benchmarks to continuously improve their delivery of IT services.
ISO/IEC 20000 provides a comprehensive framework of processes which combine to form a highly effective IT Management System against which your organisation can achieve external accreditation and in turn ensure their IT Services are delivered with consistency and to the highest standard.
ILX Consulting will work with you to understand the scope and nature of your existing IT Management System and by mapping this against the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, will determine the need for improvement of your existing processes and the addition of missing processes.
This process will be undertaken using audit and interviews in order to discover the realities of the current situation to assess compliance against the current standard and to identify the next steps. This may include an improvement programme to enhance or extend your existing processes.
ISO/IEC 20000 standard certification
The key benefits for an IT service provider organization working towards and achieving certification against the ISO/IEC 20000 standard will include:
- The establishment of a culture of continual improvement within an organization leading to continual improvement of the IT services provided.
- A focus on the implementation of a set of integrated processes and solutions that are appropriate, suitable and effective.
- An increased rate of change and productivity of staff and the use of their skills and expertise leading to reduced long-term costs and enhanced ability to meet business objectives.
- A structured approach to service management based on Best Practice guidance which will allow you to improve your reputation and your relationships with business and customer contacts.
- A level of effectiveness in IT service provision demonstrating superiority over competitors, providing a tangible differentiator in tendering situations.
- A means for outsourcing and hosting organisations to demonstrate that they are serious about service management and the quality of service they provide - and show that their processes have been independently audited as such.
- For current or internal service providers to demonstrate that they are also focussed on service management and the quality of service they provide.
Once we have worked together to satisfy the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000, ILX Consulting can arrange for a formal assessment and accreditation by a Registered Certification Body (RCB). The RCB will issue a certificate of conformance and the organisation will be eligible to use the itSMF ISO/IEC 20000 logo as a sign of their achievement and may also request a listing on this website, enabling instant verification by visitors.